When trust breaks down in a relationship you'd be surprised at what can happen. Your trusted partner can turn into your worst nightmare whether you are married or not.
Here are just five (5) ways a trusted partner has lost trust in your faithfulness can help to cause the destruction of your relationship or invade your privacy.
1. Your trusted partner may hire a private investigator to check into anything and everything you are doing, follow you around day and night, and even cause you to become paranoid and in fear of your life.
2. Your trusted partner could install software on your computer to spy on you that might do everything from cataloging everything you do... to literally turning on your webcam and watching what is going on in your room without your knowledge.
3. Your trusted partner could install remote control software that allows him or her to gain control of your computer at any time of the day or night if you have an "always on" internet connection such as dsl or cable internet, which may even include turning on or shutting down your computer whenever they want.
4. Your trusted partner could "bug" your car with a listening and/or tracking device to hear what you are saying, record what you are saying, or even track where your car is at any point in time.
5. Your trusted partner could obtain your passwords for online accounts you have set up, or even set up "online access accounts" with companies they know you have services with in order to obtain detailed information about what you are doing on your phone, with your texts, with your travel, in your smartphone's email, etc...
One of the most prevalent statements I hear from people who come to me for advice when they mention things that indicate any of these things may be occurring is, "my partner would never do that."
The best first step toward protection you can have is to avoid ignorance. Any spouse who is emotionally angry or scared enough is capable (sometimes with a little encouragement or suggestion from a friend or even an attorney) of falling into the trap of becoming even more untrusting and then become untrustworthy as that partner struggles for some semblance of reasonable assurance that their world is okay and their relationship with the other partner.
As an optimistic Rhode Island attorney who hopes that parties can survive their relationship difficulties I still advise my clients of one thing.
It is this.
Your best defense is to avoid ignorance.
Keep this statement always in the back of your mind.
"Any partner with enough distrust or doubt in your relationship is capable of becoming your worst nightmare."
My Very Best to All for a Joyous, Happy and Safe Holiday Season!
I am Attorney Christopher A. Pearsall. I am "The Rhode Island Divorce Coach, and I'm here to help!
Call for your affordable Rhode Island Divorce Coaching Session or Seminar and get the information you need to make the important decisions in your life. Call now at (401) 632-6976!